Friday, January 1, 2010

Savage Ravenloft: The Beginning

My present gaming obsession is Savage Worlds, which is a tremendous roleplaying game released by Pinnacle Entertainment.  Now, I am also a huge fan of the Ravenloft campaign setting by TSR/Wizards of the Coast for Dungeons and Dragons.  For those who don't know, Ravenloft is a Gothic Horror fantasy setting...or, more disparagingly, D&D meets Dracula, Frankenstein and The Wolf-Man.

Thing is, I don't much like any incarnation of D&D anymore, so I am bending Savage Worlds and Ravenloft into a perfect mish-mash of what I want the setting to do.  For this I am drawing from my Ravenloft collection, spanning from AD&D second edition through D&D 3.5, and a variety of Savage Worlds products: Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition, The Fantasy Companion, Shaintar, Rippers, Deadlands Reloaded and the Horror GM's Toolkit.  As this progresses, I will post my conversions piecemeal.  I welcome comments, preferably constructive, and feel free to use anything I post in your own games.

Keep an eye out here, and enjoy!

“This game references the Savage Worlds game system, available from Pinnacle Entertainment Group at www.peginc.com. Savage Worlds and all associated logos and trademarks are copyrights of Pinnacle Entertainment Group. Used with permission. Pinnacle makes no representation or warranty as to the quality, viability, or suitability for purpose of this product.”

No comments:

Post a Comment