Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Deadlands Noir, or Take My Money, Please


So Pinnacle had been teasing a new setting by John Goff recently, and when they pulled the trigger on it, it was bigger than I had thought: Deadlands Noir. The Deadlands timeline moved up to 1935 and, presumably, wearing the trappings of both the Weird West and hard-boiled noir. Even more impressively, the Kickstarter has almost doubled the goal in less than a day.

I am a Deadlands fanboy. I dig noir. Needless to say, I am absolutely pumped. With pledge goals that include PDFs ($20), hardcovers ($50), a special deck of cards ($75), unique bennies ($125) and a retailer package that includes copies of Deadlands Noir, Savage Worlds, maps and more, there are plenty of options, and yes, I plan on pledging (trying to figure out if I can budget in the deck of cards). Very awesome, and very unexpected, announcement from Pinnacle.

2 comments:

  1. The $50 package seems like a reasonable price. I _think_ that's about the same as a normal pre-order bundle (or less, since it also contains the fiction). $25 for a deck of cards seems kind of steep, though. Maybe the rampant success of the Kickstarter will net us fans a bonus goal where they increase the rewards with each level, like with Order of the Stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shane said the only reasons they went Kickstarter this go around was a) to gauge interest in expanding Deadlands in an untraditional manner (noir vs western) and b) so they could set up the extra incentives. Yeah, $25 for the cards does sound pricey...but given short run printing costs for playing cards, it may not be...and it's nowhere near the most expensive deck of cards I've seen (Top Cow Comics had a $60 deck).

      Delete